Goombario's Story Goombario's Story

Well written, very well animated, and humorous throughout. Music was well-selected, and kept my interest from beginning too end.

And DEFINITELY caught the Vivian reference. <3

EASTBEAST responds:

Thanks for the review, that is probably one of my favorite jokes as well lol

Kirby Return To DreamLand Kirby Return To DreamLand

Excellent. Surpassingly excellent.

It's rare that I watch a film on Newgrounds that really appeals to me, but this is definitely one of them. I was drawn in from the very beginning, and I'm absolutely delighted having watched the whole thing... It makes sense, and I'd love to explain, but that would ruin the story for others, so... I'll keep quiet!

But, this was altogether beautiful. The music was selected perfectly, the animation was simple enough to remind me of the somewhat stop-and-go style of the game series, and it was filled to the brim with all of the charm that radiates from what can only be described as the Kirby universe. Thank you for what I will assuredly share with my friends. I applaud your talent, and have left this short movie with a tear in my eyes and a smile on my face.

Knuckles Briefs Knuckles Briefs

Humorous.

My only gripe is that in the short with the "Coco for Nuts" author pic in the corner, my song "Flying Battery Redux" is used, but I don't see it in the credits. >_>

thewax70 responds:

Sorry about that, didn't know. :(
I added it to the Author & File Information section of the page so people will know you did it. Thanks for telling me.

Super Xalaxer Super Xalaxer

So, after seeing this game's name pop up on a WHOLE bunch of my 8-bit music and meaning to get over here and play it, I've finally gotten around to doing so and had an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!

I've never played a right/left shooter before, so this was a new experience for me, and I'm always extremely excited to play a game that's had my music put in it, so this was overall a great deal of fun.

Very well done; a simple, but fluid design that makes the game truly enjoyable. Hope to see mroe in the future!

Battle Turtle Battle Turtle

I've been waiting!!

Thank you for making such an awesome game, Curtis. I've played through the game multiple times already and it never gets old! This last time through I set the 3rd place score, so I'll be coming back to claim the #1 spot soon!

Thank you as well for the opportunity to have so much of my music showcased into a single game of such epic proportions. You've really impressed me. :D

The TriColor Art Collab The TriColor Art Collab

Interesting.

Liked the Picture of 02 from Kirby 64. Lots of very well done pieces ranging from classic to abstract.

Illogical Dreams Illogical Dreams

I feel like this track has great potential, in terms of melody. You have a solid sense of progression in here; I feel the only thing it could use is some more powerful instrumentation. If this track had full orchestral instruments and perhaps some rock guitar, it could be something truly phenomenal.

With that said, I like very much what you've done here. Keep up the good work!

HelpThePoor responds:

I completely agree with you. I'll probably redo this song and I will try to add full orchestral instruments as you suggest. I don't have good gear right now for recording guitar tracks, and I've been having trouble trying to get a good rock guitar sound with the virtual instruments in Logic, but I would love to be able to add guitar to it as well. Thanks for listening and for your helpful advice! :)

Zelda 2 Temple Theme Zelda 2 Temple Theme

Congrats on Featured Audio for the week!

Kind of an interesting retake of the original, though I'm willing to bet you could make a few improvements and turn it into something really slammin'! The 8-bit lead square and/or pulse is loud in some areas, and quiet in others, which isn't necessarily bad, but it does lead certain parts of the track to feel a bit out of balance (in my opinion, of course).

Overall a solid endeavor into a medium in which I haven't seen you do much work. Hope to see more!

Serenade to the Sea Serenade to the Sea

One of my favorite tracks from Animal Crossing, by far. Beautifully composed, as usual. Simple, bright, and positively inspiring in its treatment of the original melody. Great work!

Lan Hikari Lan Hikari

Probably my favorite of all the Mega Man series. It's all about MMBN3 and HeatGuts Style! :D

Axelstation responds:

It would definitely be my fav series too, except for Megaman X Command Mission (though that was a stand-alone title). I personally liked MMBN5 the best, but 3 was also great.