Illogical Dreams Illogical Dreams

I feel like this track has great potential, in terms of melody. You have a solid sense of progression in here; I feel the only thing it could use is some more powerful instrumentation. If this track had full orchestral instruments and perhaps some rock guitar, it could be something truly phenomenal.

With that said, I like very much what you've done here. Keep up the good work!

HelpThePoor responds:

I completely agree with you. I'll probably redo this song and I will try to add full orchestral instruments as you suggest. I don't have good gear right now for recording guitar tracks, and I've been having trouble trying to get a good rock guitar sound with the virtual instruments in Logic, but I would love to be able to add guitar to it as well. Thanks for listening and for your helpful advice! :)

Zelda 2 Temple Theme Zelda 2 Temple Theme

Congrats on Featured Audio for the week!

Kind of an interesting retake of the original, though I'm willing to bet you could make a few improvements and turn it into something really slammin'! The 8-bit lead square and/or pulse is loud in some areas, and quiet in others, which isn't necessarily bad, but it does lead certain parts of the track to feel a bit out of balance (in my opinion, of course).

Overall a solid endeavor into a medium in which I haven't seen you do much work. Hope to see more!

Serenade to the Sea Serenade to the Sea

One of my favorite tracks from Animal Crossing, by far. Beautifully composed, as usual. Simple, bright, and positively inspiring in its treatment of the original melody. Great work!

Neon Pixels (8-Bit) Neon Pixels (8-Bit)

Great 8-bit sound. I like that it uses many different sounds, and that it never feels empty in the sound spectrum at all. A wonderful listen from beginning to end.

If the beat were a little quicker (not BPM or anything, but just the rhythm itself), I feel like it'd sound similar to a track out of Mega Man Battle Network.

Celtic dream Celtic dream

Great work! Love this one!

I think this is perfect track for use in a forest style-dungeon, or as a BGM for a mountain village or something. Love the instruments, and the way the tune really picks up about halfway through.

Keep 'em coming! Fantastic job so far!

NGXmusical responds:

thanks.I'm glad you like:)

Demons And Angels Demons And Angels

A great BGM-style tune, and it's orchestrated, which is rare to see!

I may use this and some of your other stuff in Part 2 of the game I'm making in RPG Maker, if that's alright with you. If you like, I'll give you a link to the first part so you can see what you'd be getting in to.

Anyway, well done on the track, and I look forward to more!

NGXmusical responds:

Awesome to hear!No problem, you can use any work I have on newground.I'd love to see your game that your working on and if you need anything as a request I would be glad to help. For a request I would only charge around 10% of the total budget cost or revenue of the game if there is any.

By the way you have some amazing work yourself:)

Rise Above Rise Above

Great track, lots of energy throughout.

My only comment is that I feel like it could use a stronger lead melody to carry the song along. The bass and the percussion were great, but it lacked what I felt it needed for that final punch to bring it home.

Overall good work. Looking forward to more!

EF

PhatBoiJ responds:

EliteFerrex reviewing one of my songs? What? O.o Thanks man! Day = Made

Jump Into Battle! (Teaser) ~P~ Jump Into Battle! (Teaser) ~P~

Sounds great. Can't wait for the full version!

Gameboy Gameboy

Definitely not bad for your first song. Far better than mine was, I'll give you that!

One thing I noticed is that there seem to be a few places where a note or two fall a little out of tune, but overall, you seem to keep a good progression of your melody throughout the whole song.

I like that it's constantly changing, but aside from the beginning around 0:41 to 1:24, I also feel like there's no familiar strings of notes that come back to give me something I'm comfortable with, almost like I'm being pulled by the hand somewhere all the time, without really getting to see what was at the first stop I was taken to in the first place. That's not entirely a bad thing, but it does make the song seem very "busy".

On that note, since there are many notes very close together in the song, it can be hard to identify a particular melodic progression, I think. I like that you change your bass note frequently, as is actually done in many old Game Boy songs, and the simple 8-bit style synth feels right at home.

In addition, the fact that your melody changed pace so frequently seems to have lead to a couple or few spots where the kick beat doesn't quite line up. It wasn't common, so I only noticed it 2-3 times, but I felt momentarily confused when I heard it. However, I believe you corrected it almost immediately afterward, so you weren't off-beat for long.

Overall, I say good work, especially for just starting out. I heard a lot of FL Studio's basic Pads (possibly from Sytrus, I think?) at the beginning, which made me smile. You seem to have a great deal of potential for making diverse melodies, and that's something with which I feel a lot of musicians, including myself, at times, have difficulty. This is a great start for you, so be sure to let me know when you've put up something new.

Rated 4/5

EliteFerrex

When a Good Man Goes to War ~P When a Good Man Goes to War ~P

Truly spectacular work! You have a fantastic balance between all the instruments you've selected, and it's obvious that you put a great deal of effort into this track from its inception. I think you've his a level of complexity and progression that, to be honest, I haven't seen in any of your other tracks before. Amazing track; can't wait to see what's next!

Phyrnna responds:

Thanks! I try my best to always do something new and awesome! :D
You, keep being an awesome fan~!