View Profile EliteFerrex

All 84 Audio Reviews

56 w/ Responses

Truly spectacular work! You have a fantastic balance between all the instruments you've selected, and it's obvious that you put a great deal of effort into this track from its inception. I think you've his a level of complexity and progression that, to be honest, I haven't seen in any of your other tracks before. Amazing track; can't wait to see what's next!

Phyrnna responds:

Thanks! I try my best to always do something new and awesome! :D
You, keep being an awesome fan~!

Bang, clash, bang!
Bang, ka-ding-clash, bang!
Boom, ba-dum-bum boom, ba-dum!
Boom, ba-dum-bum boom, ba-dum!

Nice beat going on in this; I'd like to hear the full song sometime. I can fill in the spaces with all sorts of awesome thoughts about what kind of instruments could be in there, but I'm interested to hear what you actually came up with. Another great piece! :D

Phyrnna responds:

Not me actually. A different guy. xD

Definitely a departure from your usual stuff, and it seems like everything went well.

The melody is nice and simple, just complex enough to prevent getting fed up or bored with the song. I definitely think you had a good balance of sounds overall. I think the only sound that seemed ever so slightly out of place was the arpeggiator that comes and goes starting around 0:14. Now, that's not to say I don't like it, but it seemed like it could have had a somewhat fuller sound, somehow, maybe less detune, not sure.

Anyway, I like the fun, bouncy feel it has to it, definitely full of that "just enjoy yourself" kind of feel to it. Nothing too hardcore where jumping around and being silly would make you feel out of place. :D

Well done overall. Haven't seem much EDM out of you, so this was a neat experience! 5'd and 4.5'd.

EF

Departure indeed! :3

That's a gated synth, and I do agree that it could perhaps be somewhat fuller. Maybe I'll come back to this at a later date again.

I did kind of want a slightly darker sort of club theme for this one.... but I think I'm just much too happy and bouncy in personality to accomplish that. xD

Thanks for listening!

~Phyrnna ^_^ <3

Loved this song the first time I heard it over a yer and a half ago; instant download.
One of my custom BGMs on Brawl- for Final Destination. <3

Maintains the energy of the original, but changes its pace entirely, and has a steady flow of drive throughout the entire song. Excellent, excellent work.

You know, I've never been able to find a good use for FL Studio's drumloop files, but this is pretty good. I'm always a fan of piano in trance mixes, and since this is essentially a trance style with a DnB rhythm, it fits nicely. Well done!

Wow, man. this takes me WAY back. XD

I actually just downloaded the original version of this song a couple of days ago. This is pretty sweet; a nice little upbeat version of the song that adds some extra flavor without killing the relaxed nature of the original, and the simplicity of it just makes it perfect. Very well done; definitely puts a smile on my face. :D

EliteFerrex

mzcxla responds:

Haha, thanks! Was going for the relaxed feel, glad it worked :D

@ bobblobhamazen - This is from MMX3.

Great song, HFX; I'm a big fan of the simplistic style balanced by the level of energy that the instruments themselves carry through the song. Excellent work, as usual! Looking forward to more!

EF

Sounds great, man. Always love to hear a fresh chiptune. Keep up the good work!

basheman responds:

Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks ^^

Well done!

The upbeat positive vibe to the music and the semi-serious interludes before the molody loops around again remind me of something out of Megaman Battle Network! (Note: that happens to be one of my favorite series of all time, as does Virtual-On so major bonus points for you.)

Great job! :D

Very well put together.

I liked the overall feeling this song carries with it throughout the progression of the melody; it has a strong overtone or heroism, but also a kind of mysterious possible desperation or sadness.

As a side note, I intend to make the next song I make a remix of this song, so send me a PM and I'll let you know how it's coming along. :D

Great work! 8/10 and voted 5/5 (So as not to drop the score from 4.32.)

YanX responds:

Ok tell me if you finished it ^^

Primary genres include 8/16-bit, Electronica, Orchestral, and TONS of VGM.
Visit http://eliteferrex.com for info regarding commissions, hit me up on Discord at EliteFerrex#2652, or email me at eliteferrex@gmail.com with any other questions!

Erich @EliteFerrex